Welcome to the 2016 Gortex Philadelphia Marathon Weekend, November 19-20th! We are very excited to announce The Bee Foundation as a Charity Partners for this year’s marathon for the second year in a row! We will have The Bee Foundation Race Tent Headquarters located right at the finish line of the race! Please note, the Half-Marathon has been moved to Saturday of race weekend this year.
Race options include:
- Gortex Full Marathon Runners/Walkers – Sunday, November 20th 7:00am
- Gortex Half-Marathon Runners/Walkers – Saturday November 19th 7:30am
- Rothman Institute 8K Runners/Walkers – Saturday November 19th 10:45am
- Kids Fun Run – Saturday, November 19th 10:30am
There are so many different options available including being a virtual runner!
As a member of The Bee Foundation team:
- Discounted registration and by signing up through our site you are all set for race day!
- You will receive the Gortex race t-shirt
- You will be able to create a simple, easy step custom fundraising page where you can upload photos and videos or make special dedications. Each dedication will be shown on a board at the end of race tent on both Saturday & Sunday
- The Bee Foundation race day tent on Saturday and Sunday will be available for you to grab drinks, store personal belongings and be a great team headquarters during this fun filled weekend!
- On race day(s), you will be able to pick-up your bib and all necessary t-shirts, etc at The Bee Foundation Headquarters Tent on site at the race on Saturday or Sunday. – no hassles of waiting in lines or picking up in other locations! We keep it simple and easy for our team!
The Bee Foundation, a national non-profit organization dedicated to raising awareness of brain aneurysms and funding innovative research that saves lives. The Bee Foundation was inspired by Jennifer Sedney, who died December 25, 2013 at the age of 27 from a ruptured brain aneurysm. We look forward to this incredible event that will change the lives of families that are affected by brain aneurysms.
Please visit our website www.thebeefoundation.org to learn more about brain aneurysms and the ways you can become involved in this incredible foundation.
The Bee Foundation Team